Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Thiess invites applicants to apply for the position of roving FMS Technician. This hands-on role will report through to the OMS Maintenance Manager and support Thiess's operations in the Hunter Valley.
Working on a Monday to Friday dayshift roster, the responsibility of the role will be to assist with the maintenance and installation of infrastructure and systems which support the Fleet Management System (FMS) and other smart machine systems used on our operations.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with installations on new machines
- Carry out inspections and repairs during machine overhauls
- Perform system upgrades as required
- Annual leave coverage for the site-based FMS technicians
- Build close working relationships with equipment OEMs, Ivolve, position partners, CAT etc
Summary of what is on offer:
- Permanent role
- Dayshift Monday to Friday, with the option for a 9 day fortnight
- Company vehicle supplied with fuel card
- Company phone and laptop supplied
- Competitive hourly rates
- Overtime available with overtime rates paid
- 5 weeks annual leave and eligible for Black Coal LSL
- Paid training
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems or a technology related field, for example Engineering, Radio Communications or Electrical Trade
- Driver's licence
- Experience working in an open cut mining environment
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Fleet Management System (FMS) and other smart machine systems
Good knowledge of the following/similar systems will be highly desirable:
- Ivolve FMS
- Terrain drill profiling data capture with GPS correction
- Mine 4D
- Wenco and Carlson HPGS
- DSS Fatigue monitoring
- Hexagon Fatigue monitoring
- Video Cameras monitoring the open cut operations
- Wireless Networks and associated infrastructure
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.