With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Engineer Mine Planning is responsible for providing the competent and professional mine planning functions to ensure the targets set by the project are met on time
In this role, you will:
- Design a safe and cost effective mine plans and ensure they are issued ahead of time
- Provide the technical mine design, scheduling and monitoring function for the mining operation
- Ensure designs are discussed with mine planning personnel and consensus is reached on the design approach
- Participate, provide input to and discuss the mining plan and any innovations, or issues with Technical Services and Production personnel
- Monitor and control dump areas, haul distance, and equipment productivities; monitor the direction of the mining operation to ensure schedules are being followed and advice on the implications of variances from schedule; provide feedback to the Mine Planning Superintendent and the Engineering group to keep them informed of any changes of sequence required in the pit;
- Prepare appropriate summaries and statistics of equipment (costs, performance, availability, and utilization), material movement, and inventory levels
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering. Have experience in mining operation practice is preferable, with minimum of 3 years' experience on Mining Engineering practice as Engineer Mine Planning/ Long Term
- The candidate should have Mine design concepts & operations in coal mining, scheduling, and planning skill.
- Having strong motivation, English proficiency spoken and written, supportive, communicative, hard worker, self-motivation, team player, and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.