Discover what's possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving. Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in the Central West of New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange and three hours' drive from Sydney. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy.
Employees have access to the area's wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as childcare. Who we're looking for
We are currently seeking a Process Technician to join the Ore Processing department at our Cadia mine, during a period of transformation. Reporting to the Ore Processing shift supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the various plant and equipment within the department which includes crushing, grinding, flotation, thickening and filtration circuits.
A few key deliverables include, but not limited to:
- Participating in all shift handovers, ensuring all issues are appropriately documented and shared with the Leading Hand/Plant Supervisor.
- Working with Maintenance, Metallurgy and the wider Operations team to drive continuous improvement, maintaining the compliance and execution of daily tasks and production targets, isolations & shutdown plans,
- Problem solving, reporting and prioritising of breakdowns
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees where directed.
- Demonstrate strong health and safety attitude in the workplace, aligning with Newcrest's safety culture, values and behaviours
To be considered, applicants will ideally need the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in the mining, mineral processing or resources industries
- Current Forklift, EWP, Working at heights and Confined space competencies an advantage
- A willingness to learn and thrive in a busy process plant environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude
- NSW Manual Drivers Licence
You will possess a passion and drive to ensure high safety standards, be team oriented, as demonstrated by your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Please note:
This is a permanent fulltime role based in Orange, NSW. You will be required to work a 7 days on/7 off roster (12-hours per day, Thursday - Wednesday (day & night rotation). DIDO or FIFO options are available for the right individual. Our commitment to you
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.