Newmont Exploration in the region is based in Perth, but operates across Australia. The group is responsible for growing Newmont's current operations in WA and NT and discovering new deposits across the region. The team has access to in house global technical specialists in applying the latest exploration technology in its quest for discovery.
Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Project Exploration Geologist with the Newmont regional exploration team based from our office in Welshpool. This role is part of the small team led by the Senior Regional Exploration Geologist who works on regional targets on Newmont's large land holding in the Tanami District. The team leverage the infrastructure of the Tanami Operations while exploring further afield in this prospective district. There is around 6 - 8 months field based work on a nominal 8:6 roster when in the field. You will have exposure to regional exploration activities Australia wide.
In This Role You Will:
- Plan, design and implement surface exploration programs under the direction of the Principal or Senior Exploration Geologist and in collaboration with the respective group geologists both within the Regional Exploration Group, site geology teams and outside partners.
- Plan and schedule the field programs; data collection and analysis, interpretation and construction of geological models.
- Supervise the field activities of staff and contractors.
- Be involved in land access negotiations and management.
- Manage and report on field programs, applying the learnings as they become apparent to allow increased agility and flexibility while maintaining a safe productive environment.
- You may also be involved in the development of robust sets of open file data over new projects in Australia, and developing sound geological models that identify prospective areas that have the potential to yield significant gold discoveries.
You will have:
- Tertiary Qualification - minimum of a BSc Geology with Honors or greater.
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in gold exploration.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Safe and responsible work history.
- Strong PC skills and computer literacy and exposure to exploration software technical packages, preferably ARCGIS and Leapfrog.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Mining Act and Regulations.
- Proof of current Covid-19 vaccination is required as per the WA and NT government directions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/
Note: Newmontdoes not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.