Description Job Summary:
You are an experienced Dozer Operator who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment in an open pit operation. You will be operating a D9/D10 dozer to move waste and mineral materials to support site development. If you are a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed, this is the position for you!
Join our safety culture and develop your mining career with us in Eureka, NV, United States!
With our vast long-term projects in multiple locations across Nevada and into California, we are continuously growing. Learn more about here.
Hear more from our Mining team here.
- Safe and efficient operation of D9 and D10 track dozers, with GPS, to meet production targets
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Maintain heavy equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Complete production reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Be a leader of both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
- Minimum one-year experience of dozer operation in a surface mining environment
- Knowledge of safe & productive operation of heavy mining equipment
- Must have valid photo identification
- Current MSHA p.48 metal/nonmetal certification is an asset, however we can assist with obtaining training if needed
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Additional Information:Company Description
- Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; night shifts are required
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Link to: https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify