Requisition ID: 48345Job Category:
Chicago, IL, United States
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Rail Systems Signal and Train Control Engineer
to join our North American Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in the Chicago IL area
Hatch, one of the nation’s most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries and Hatch Engineering, experts in business and technical experience in mining, energy and infrastructure sectors, have joined together to form the top rail and transit solutions provider. We are currently seeking candidates for the following position: Senior Rail Systems Signal and Train Control Engineer Location: Chicago, IL You bring to the role:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience including design, installation, signal system testing and operation and maintenance of railroad and/or rail transit signal systems
- Design experienced including signal and train control systems, block design, ATC, PTC, microprocessor and relay-based interlockings as well as highway crossing warning systems
- Skilled in the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, cost estimating, field verification, inspection and testing (FRA & Transit)
- Project Management experience and Professional Engineer license are a plus
- Working background with DC Coded Track Circuits, AF Track Circuits, Crossing Predictors, MicroLok® and VPI/ iVPI® Vital/Non-Vital Interlocking Processors preferred. SATS or Vital-Sim simulation experience is an advantage.
We are seeking a results-driven engineering professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of quality, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. As the successful candidate, you will:
Why join us?
- Prepare designs for grade crossing warning systems in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare designs for signal system logic including both microprocessor and relay-based systems.
- Lead the development of signal system block designs based on train performance criteria, product specifications, and train schedule headway and run time analysis.
- Prepare signal system-related drawings (Route and Aspect, Track and Signal, Typical and Detailed Circuit\s, etc.)
- Develop material and construction specifications and quantity estimates.
- Perform field inspections, report drafting and signal testing assistance.
- Work with clients and incorporate their signal requirements into Contract Documents.
What we offer you?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Controls Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, Engineering