Located approximately 26 miles from the City of Fairbanks, Fort Knox is a centre of excellence for the Company as one of the few cold weather heap leach facilities in the world. In 2016, the site poured its seven millionth ounce of gold, 20 years into its mine life. The initial Gilmore Expansion Project is expected to extend mine life to 2030.
***Fort Knox is NOT a camp mine.****
Performs metallurgical test work, including cyanide leach tests, grind tests, screen analyses, gravity separation tests, column leach tests, and carbon quality control tests. Uses various analytical procedures and equipment to monitor reagent concentrations. Responsible for analyzing test results and making recommendations. Responsible for maintaining plant instrumentation to ensure safe plant production.
- Preparing plant shift composite samples for metallurgical accounting.
- Conducting bottle roll tests and column leach tests with a high level of accountability.
- Conducting carbon quality control testing.
- Operation of the pH meters, spectrophotometers, conductivity meters, and dissolved oxygen meters.
- Operation of the lab equipment, including, but not limited to: mechanized screens, pulverizer, rotary splitter, pressure filters, and gravity concentration units.
- Working around reagents, including, but not limited to: Picric acid, Cyanide, Caustic, lime, and various strong acids.
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment.
- Performing maintenance tasks on equipment that are within the scope of training and abilities.
- Punctuality and regular attendance is required.
- Meet or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, safety, confidentiality, and environmental policies.
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the state.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct them.
- Work without significant risk of harm to self and others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Employee must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations and keep records.
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment with an understanding of chemistry preferred.
- Knowledge of plant flow sheets, operations, and functions preferred.
- Thorough operational knowledge of computers and software, including Excel and Word.
- Solid verbal and written communication problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Must be available for shift work, overtime, holidays, and weekends.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Lab Supervisor
US work permit required
Travel not required, only exceptionally
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.