angle-right Job no:
584626 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
New Plymouth Categories:
Trades, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
In this role, no two days will be the same as you could be operating within earthworks, pavements, drain laying or a variety of other works within the crew. This role will suit an all-rounder, primary duties are driving and operating machinery with the ability to get stuck in to assist the New Plymouth crew when required. This is a role where you can achieve results daily!What we offer:
Who is this for?
- A stable and fun working environment offering variety
- A rewarding hourly rate
- Guaranteed hours (40 hours per week plus overtime)
- Excellent training and development opportunities to grow your career within Downer
- Uniform and PPE Gear provided
This is an exciting opportunity for Truck Drivers and machine operators with a proven track record of operating to a high standard.
Along with your positive and friendly attitude, you will also have / be working towards:
- Class 2,4 or 5 Full New Zealand Drivers licence
- WTR endorsements
- Experience in civil works
- Ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
If you are looking to work with a close knit crew that are motivated and results driven, then we want to hear from you!