angle-right Refer a Friend angle-right
Parks & Reserves Handyperson / Carpenter x2 Blenheim Apply Now angle-right About the role:
Our team in Blenheim are now looking for experienced Handyperson / Carpenters to join our structures team which build and maintain structures and playgrounds across our contract. In this role, you will be building, installing and maintaining playgrounds, paths, retaining walls and small structures such as walk bridges, seats, tables, fences, playground equipment and painting and concrete works. Varied work in a great team environment.About you:
If you enjoy being outdoors and working in a beautiful environment, providing great parks and reserves for the community to enjoy, we would love to hear from you! Ideally, you will also have the following:
What we offer:
- Handyman experience with building and structures maintenance or trade related qualification
- RoSPA Playgrounds Level 2 Certificate is desirable however we can help you obtain this
- To have practical experience in the Parks and Reserves maintenance industry preferable
- Class 1 Drivers Licence, Class 2 and WTR an advantage
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and a 'can-do' attitude
- Customer Service Skills
- A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills
- We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture
- Be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment
- We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry
- A competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 586016 to apply. Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Downer Greenspaces has a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.