angle-right Refer a Friend angle-right
Arboricultural Supervisor Apply Now angle-right About the role:
Our Arboricultural Supervisor provides leadership and supervision of crew(s), undertakes project work and/or maintains trees in designated areas contracted to Downer ensuring that a high quality, responsive service is delivered at all times. Our Supervisor also ensures a high level of safety is adhered to in order to protect the public, other team members, and themselves.
The role allows you the flexibility to be office based and field based. Your core role is the planning, programming, project management, work management and daily running of the team. At times your work can be 'hands on', providing training or a different skill set using your resources and specialist knowledge along with leadership and development for any new and existing staff. About you:
We would like to hear from you if you have:
What we offer:
- Level 4 Arboriculture qualification and prior work experience
- Sound understanding of working in trees around electrical lines and preferably you hold a close approach qualification however we can support you getting this
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive and results orientated
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams
- Demonstrated understanding of productivity and quality in delivering a service
- Demonstrated planning skills
- Client Liaison experience and skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Knowledge and hands on experience with various plant items
- Ability to work overtime hours or away from home (if requested, reasonable notice will be given)
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, then we'd love to hear from you! In return, we offer the opportunity to be part of a great team, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career! Added benefit is that the role comes with vehicle!
If you think, you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude, interested parties are encouraged to apply online today , head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 579400 to apply. Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Downer Greenspaces has a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.