angle-right Job no:
582841 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Trades, Maintenance, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across New Zealand and our Waikato crews are no exception to this.About the job:
As a Driver Operator for one of the largest infrastructure business' in New Zealand, you will be involved in exciting road construction projects requiring you to pick up civil work, the operation of heavy machinery and preparation of sites. You will be a multi-talented operator with the ability to use a range of equipment from trucks to loaders, rollers and excavators.
You'll be part of the crew working on civil contracts across the Waikato region. If you are physically fit and enjoy spending your days outdoors and on your feet, this could be the position for you. We run a 7 day a week, 24 hour operation, so you can expect some night and weekend work with the odd assignment requiring travel; we will need the successful applicant to be flexible with availability.About you:
With some experience operating civil machinery under your belt, you will be confident operating within a team and independently as required. You will be comfortable using machinery and hand tools to get the job done. You'll also:
- Enjoy working outdoors and keeping physically fit
- Be reliable and hard working with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Show commitment to safe work practises
- Have a Class 2 license with WTR endorsement
- Be flexible to pick up occasional weekend work and on-call shifts
If you don't tick all the boxes, we still want to hear from you as we are prepared to train the right person, with the right attitude! Perks of joining Downer
In return for your expertise we commit to offering professional development through mentoring and on the job training and personal development through a range of Health and Wellbeing initiatives. Our top priority is our people - Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful, some of our perks include:
- Job security and guaranteed 40 hours of work per week in a friendly and professional environment
- Competitive pay with access to penal rates for overtime and night work
- Training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Tools of trade provided including Downer uniform and all PPE gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts including subsidised health insurance, retail specials, vehicle rentals, banking offers, free counselling services + more!