Senior Environmental and Sustainability Advisor | Water Projects | SFP JV
Apply now Job ID:
585469 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
SFP is a Joint Venture (JV) comprising Abergeldie Contractors (Abergeldie), Downer Group (Downer) and Stantec Australia (Stantec). Together, SFP holds the full spectrum of expertise and resources necessary to safely self-perform all Design and Construction (D&C) of Water, Sewerage and Sewer Rehabilitation works under this program, providing Melbourne Water with a flexible, value-for-money solution for both brownfield D&C as well as ongoing rehabilitation works.
We are seeking a Senior Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to join the team in a permanent full-time position. This role will be a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to implement and manage day-to-day all on-site environmental and sustainability aspects including regulatory compliance, site inspections, monitoring/audit requirements and identification of sustainability innovations for their project. ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide specialist advice to the project teams on the management of environmental aspects and impacts on all aspects on design and construction of water, sewerage and sewerage rehabilitation works under the program
- Assist the Project Management and Zero Harm Leads to provide consistent leadership and delivery of environmental related information
- Develop and maintain regular reporting of environmental performance and energy, emissions and resources information
- Ensure the delivery of environmental services including roadside vegetation management and natural resource management of project managed land
- Establish and maintain Project environmental registers, including permitting and approvals, risk, obligations, ground disturbance, soil tracking, waste management and tracking, native fauna interaction, water management, trench inspections, and inspections, audits and monitoring
- Ensure the development, review and implementation of relevant environmental plans and procedures, provide technical advice on sustainable development and environmental matters
- Develop, implement and report on project environmental monitoring programs
- Maintain a positive and outcome driven relationship with key Project team members, Client environmental representatives and project management and supervision teams
- Regular liaison with site personnel particularly working closely with Area Managers, Senior Project Engineers and Project Engineers
- Support the project to implement sustainability initiatives, innovations and improvements
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management or related field
- Previous site experience in an environmental compliance role in the Civil or construction industry, ideally water, with site-based experience
- Demonstrated experience working within small project teams in and challenging environments
- Knowledge and application of environmental legislation, particularly VIC
- Effective time and people management skills including planning and sequencing of work, and personal time management
- Sound level of sustainability knowledge for site level delivery
- Demonstrated effective on-ground problem solving techniques and skills especially as it relates to delivery of environmental outcomes
- Understanding of sustainability principles relevant to infrastructure projects
WHAT WE OFFER
- Lead Auditor Qualified (Environmental Management Systems);
- ISCA Qualified.
HOW TO APPLY
- Be a part of the Downer Environment and Sustainability network that is making a positive difference to the world in which we live
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- Professional mentor and on the job training
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Active member of an experienced and supportive environmental team, training and mentorship
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY button.
For more information about the role, please contact: Sanjay Kumar Talent & Sourcing Business Partner via e: Sanjay.Kumar2@downergroup.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.