angle-right Job no:
581834 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Auckland, Auckland - Kerrs Road, Auckland - Stanley Street Categories:
Health Safety & Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
We are looking for a motivated individuals to join our Downer Traffic Management team working out of our Auckland base. You will be joining an energetic, tight knit team who takes pride in their work.
As a Downer Traffic Controller, you will assist with Temporary Traffic Management under the direction of a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS). Ultimately you will work to ensure the safety of your crew and the general public through clear and accurate direction of traffic.
You will also:
- Help with sign and cone placement and pack down
- Assist with stop/go directing
- Pickup driver duties
- Assist with general tasks to help your crew achieve project plans and targets
This is a permanent, full time position, primarily working Monday - Friday, however flexibility to be able to work the occasional night shifts and weekend's is required.
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn and develop a career with Downer NZ. Along with your outgoing attitude and commitment to safe workplace practices,
You will also have:
- A Class 1 Full New Zealand licence, (preference given to full class 2 licence's)
- Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller certificate (preferable)
- A passion for physical activity and be fit, energetic and self-motivated
- The ability to commit to work Monday - Friday with the flexibility to work weekends and night
- Good verbal skills to communicate on the radio and the ability to engage well with the general public.
So what do we offer?
Show us you are willing and able to fit in with our enthusiastic and competent team - In return we will provide you with the needed skills, training and certifications!
- Stable employment with an industry leader and a rewarding hourly rate
- Full time hours guaranteed - minimum 40 hours per week
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across insurance, retail and travel!
- A real focus on a safe working environment including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career - this is just the start!