angle-right Refer a Friend angle-right
Machine Operator (Auckland) Apply Now angle-right
Come and join our team! We have a great opportunity for a motivated all-rounder to join us. You will initially be involved on a major project in the region with a variety of work including earthworks, pavement, drainage work.
You will be joining a dynamic team who work hard and have developed a great team culture. With the growing nature of the region you will have opportunity for growth and development.About You:
We are looking for a hard-working team player who take pride in delivering quality work and are committed to placing health & safety above all else. There may be shift work involved so you need to be fit and healthy.
You will need:
Qualifications and Skills
- A genuine zest for working in a dynamic team culture
- Ability to work in a challenging environment on your own or in a team
- Strong communication, time management skills and initiative
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
- Proven experience in a similar industry
- Rail experience preferable
- Machine Control experience is also preferable (excavator)
- Proven practical experience in a contracting environment preferred
- Strong communication and relationship building especially with sub-contractors
- WTR endorsements
- Class 2 Driver License
- A strong focus on plant care and maintenance
- Strong Health & Safety focus
- At least 5 years of proven 1.5-20 tonne digger operating experience in the following disciplines: Earthworks and pavement construction and minor drainage experience. Must be able to trim to grade with a high degree of accuracy.
If you have the above experience we would love to hear from you. You can apply online and express your interest with reference number 584705.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & rail medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.