WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it. HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DODo you pride yourself on being a jack-of-all-trades?
is our entry-level position that is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use different skills every day as you learn the aggregate industry and fill in for vacancies in various areas of our plant.
- Load and unload trucks following safe operating procedures
- Operate mobile equipment on plant property (loader, haul truck, water truck, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of plant work areas
- Assist with plant tasks including lubrication, maintenance, repairs
- Transport materials to and from storage and shop areas
- Snow removal - (seasonal)
- Train in multiple areas of the plant for vacation relief.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures; assist with physical inspections of plant property/departments.
These positions will be based in Mason City, IA.HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in heavy industry or mining is a plus.
- Electrical or mechanical background preferred to move up to skilled positions.
- Experience using (or ability to learn) plant mobile equipment
- Ability to use a shovel, broom, jackhammer, sweeper, forklift, bobcat, and vacuum truck.
- Availability to work any shift any day as well as work overtime.
- Ability to work from elevated heights.
- Ability to work different extended hours, holidays, and/or overtime required
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
Pay starts at $21.28/hr. with an increase to $22.55/hr. after a probationary period of sixty days. Scheduled increases are per the collective bargaining agreement. Shift differentials and Sunday premium pay also apply. Excellent benefits including twelve paid holidays, 401K with automatic matching company contributions, vacation, the company paid disability, life insurance, AD&D, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement.
There are many opportunities to move to other positions in the plant as well as the company. The Mason City plant produces cement 24 hours/day and 365 days/year and includes quarry and shipping operations.Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.