Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Maintenance Mechanic Trainee
. This position is based at our quarry in Lake Bridgeport, TX.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement employs some 57,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in more than 50 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / DisabledESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform repair and maintenance involving disassembly, overhaul, assembly, and adjustments of crushing and screening or mobile equipment components.
- Maintain proper tool/parts inventory for specified jobs.
- Rebuild trucks or other motorized equipment engines and component parts.
- Complete maintenance projects in a timely manner to ensure production goals.
- Maintain up to date written or data input spreadsheets on all equipment repairs.
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards.
- Performs other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Prior maintenance experience preferred
- Some welding experience desired
- Open pit mining operations and aggregate products experience
- Frequently lift 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- MSHA training a plus