Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries. Education Requirements:
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors working toward a BS in Mining or Civil Engineering. Job Purpose:
To participate in a program in mining planning and design to provide students with work experience that is relevant to their major and compliments their education.
- Summer Projects vary in scope and size just as our products do. By the end of the summer, you will have had the opportunity to work with some of our industry's best and brightest managers.
- Assignments may involve learning all aspects of managing a quarry or sand & gravel operation, including Mine Planning, Operations optimization, Quality Control, Sales, maintenance, Safety, and more.
- Opportunities may include evaluating the production equipment and mine layout.
- Take ownership to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement
- Take initiative to make improvements
- Good time management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team to determine best solution
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.