WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it. HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Haul Truck/Water Truck Driver
at our Irwindale, CA plant. This position will work the 3rd starting at 7:30pm.
- Perform a daily walk-around equipment inspection and fill out inspection form pre and post shift
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and company regulations
- Report unsafe conditions
- Report accidents or incidents immediately
- Operate a 4000 gallon Water Truck to maintain dust control
- Operate the haul truck to transport rock products from plant to stockpile as directed
- Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
- Work in all areas of the plant as needed including using a shovel or water hose
- Report mechanical or maintenance issues with equipment
- Housekeeping duties required (general clean up around the plant)
This position will be based Irwindale. HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Prefer 2 Years prior haul truck experience
- Prefer high school diploma of general education (GED)
- Prefer 2 Years prior experience on a Water Truck with Air Brakes
- Prefer working knowledge of Sweeper equipment operation
- Open pit mining operations and aggregate products experience
- Must be able to carry 50 pounds
- Class B License Preferred
- MSHA Trained a plus
This is a Teamsters union position. Candidate chosen must become member of the Teamsters union.BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
Martin Marietta recently acquired the Lehigh Hanson business unit operating in Arizona and California. Through May 1, 2022, Lehigh Hanson Services, LLC, will administer payroll and benefits for this business unit's employees even though Martin Marietta is the business unit owner. On or about May 1, 2022, the business unit employees will move from Lehigh Hanson Services, LLC's administration to Martin Marietta's payroll and benefit programs.