WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it. HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator to join our Georgia Mobile Plant Support Group. This position will be responsible for the operation of mining equipment and/or for operating quarry equipment.
- Operates quarry mobile equipment, including, but not limited to, front end loader, bulldozer, and backhoe, to lift and transfer bulk materials, such as shot rock, sand, clay, or other bulk material, to trucks, hoppers, chutes or other areas of quarry. Drives haul trucks to transport materials throughout quarry.
- Maintain quarry floor and walls in clean and safe condition. Uses backhoe for scaling quarry walls following blasts. Clears snow or debris from quarry areas as needed. Advises supervisor of loose ground or other hazardous conditions in the work area.
- Grades roads using road grader. Fills in pot holes and generally maintains condition of roads throughout quarry.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on mobile equipment, including lubricating, fueling, and cleaning. Completes equipment safety checklist prior to using any mobile equipment.
- Assists in belt cleaning or repair as needed.
- Assists with the planning, assembly and detonation of industrial explosives for blasting in the quarry. Use seismograph to take readings during blasts. Duties may also include one or more of the following: determine amount and type of explosives to be used, and location of charges, use jackhammer or electric drill to bore holes for charges; assemble primer and main charge in hole.
- Functions as Crusher Operator to cover periods of vacation or absence.
- Normal work week may consist of five 8-hour days, call-ins, holidays and weekend as needed.
- Follows plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for resolution.
This will be a traveling position. HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of heavy equipment operation or other related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer experience
- Heavy Operator Certification - required
- Valid Driver License - required
- NYS Blasting Certification is a plus!
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace