Our people are central to our success. With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team of industry leaders - because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners. About us
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre. About the role
The Specialist Training
(Lifting) will be responsible to train & assess employees within mining and construction projects in all aspects of lifting equipment . Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Support & Statutory and based on Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results. Some of your duties will include;
About you What skills and experience do you need?
- To train & assess TCI employees within mining and construction projects in all aspects of lifting equipment: mobile crane, forklift, crane truck, telehandler, elevated work platform and overhead crane training, lifting study in order to achieve optimum safety best performance and maximum productivity with a high focus on safety
- To ensure that TCI lifting equipment training requirements are being conducted in accordance with the Thiess Governance System (TGS)
- Assist in the design of lifting equipment training material which is relevant to used competency standards
- Actively involved in maintain and monitor of training equipment used for training activities and provide report to superiors when noncompliance found
- Provide report and feedback of training activities to site supervision and TCI Training & Development supervisors in order to keep the alignment systems between training & development and sites
- Provide accurate report based on training report participants data to T&D Admin training in order to assist in database improvement
- Provide result of lifting equipment training to site superintendent, site training coordinator and TCI Training & Development Supervisors and Manager
- Conduct tests and examinations for lifting equipment personnel/operator
- Ensure all attained competencies are recorded in both hard and soft copy
- Develop the skills proficiency of workplace trainers and assessors
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Senior High School/vocational school or similar
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training (Trainer/Assessor certification by Government)
- Relevant License from Government (SIO) in Mobile Crane Class 1, Overhead Crane, Forklift, Crane Truck and other lifting equipment would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within the mining and/or construction industry as a mobile crane operator with Lifting equipment's OHS License (SIO) class I including other lifting support equipment: crane truck, overhead crane, forklift, telehandler and elevated work platform & others Lifting Equipment & Lifting activity (Rigging)
- Lifting Equipment competency, Rigging, Computer & English literacy
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on January 16th, 2022.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.