Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Short-Range Mine Planning Engineer for our Phoenix Surface Mining Operation located in Nevada. The successful candidate is responsible for: Responsibilities:
- Develop and communicate weekly engineering plans to mine operations and other stakeholders on site and ensure that the plans are carried out safely and efficiently.
- Work closely with Mine Operations to execute phase design plans safely and efficiently.
- Produce weekly spatial compliance reports and evaluate opportunities for improvement.
- Work with MineStar Analyst to review daily truck cycles and make corrections as necessary.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop optimal mill feed blend strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or related field, Required.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in the mining industry is Preferred.
- Technical communication and presentation skills Required.
- Mining or heavy mineral industry experience Required.
- Surface mining experience in both operations and engineering Preferred.
- Cooperate and work effectively with team members and other departments to communicate results while providing solutions towards mitigating risk and advancing opportunities Required.
- Understanding and use of Mine Design and Planning Software's, Vulcan and Deswik and their planning modules Preferred.
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.