is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Deliver competency based learning and assessment to a culturally diverse range of learners on and off job situations. Contribute as a member of a larger team of technical instructors, while demonstrating the company's core values.
- Deliver/facilitate on and off the job Competency Based Technical Training in both the classroom and field to develop skills and competencies in the area of expertise.
- Assist to schedule and communicate learning programs. Follow schedules to ensure that programs are delivered as planned.
- Assist to create competency based learning materials so that learning programs delivered achieve their intended learning outcomes.
- Assist to create competency based assessment tools, professionally conduct on and off the job competency assessments in field of expertise to ensure standards are met.
- Accurately record and report participant learning and assessment results so that participant records are consistently kept up to date and recorded in the company learning management system.
- Respond to customer learning and development requirements. Provide appropriate technical support and advise in order to assist, meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Have achieved a level of technical competence equivalent to that of an Assistant Instructor, master tradesperson, or similar level of proven competency and seven (7) years directly related work experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years directly related work experience
- Qualifications in the delivery and assessment of competency based learning programs.
- Skill in analytical thinking
- Skill in the delivery and assessment of competency based learning programs
- Demonstrate behaviors that match technical training values, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures in order to be a role model for development program participants.
- Demonstrate competence in the principles and application of competency based learning so that development programs delivered and assessed meet Computer Based Development standards.
- Understand and competently apply professionally accepted principles to adult learning so that learners are given maximum opportunity to develop job competence.
- Travel of 75% or more
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Highly Experienced Equipment Operator, Pump Mechanic or Trades Person
- MSHA Certified Instructor
- MSHA Refresher, Confined Space, Working at Heights, LOTOTO, Utility Locate/Blue Stake and 1st Aid, CPR, AED Instructor Experience
- OSHA Instructor, i.e. HAZWOPER
- Mentoring skills
- Public speaking skills
- Health and Safety Knowledge
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The position will require 75% or more of travel.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Facilities, Developer, Technical Support, Sharepoint, Operations, Technology