Engineer in Training (EIT)
Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified EIT at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, the EIT plays a key role in supporting the development of underground mine designs, plans, and schedules. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
- Promote a high level of safety and environmental awareness amongst your team
- Perform mining engineering studies and analysis as directed to assist with:
- Short term mine planning
- Ventilation monitoring and analysis
- Geotechnical monitoring and analysis
- Drill and Blast design
- Mine paste backfill
- Mine dewatering systems
- Mine power systems
- Mine operations & productivity data collection and analysis
- Manage the work required to complete required calculations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering
- Understanding of underground mine design and mine design software
- Understanding of technical and operating processes relevant to underground mining
- An understanding of the cycle and sequencing of underground, long hole stoping, mine production and development
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office and mining planning related software such as Deswik
- Experience in hard rock mining will be an asset.
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination that includes a drug & alcohol screen.
Myra Falls Mine is an underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, the trip to the mine has some of the world’s most impressive views. This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the mine site is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.