Requisition ID: 44822Job Category:
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy.Wework with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge ofinfrastructureincludesaviation, highwaysandbridges, planningandadvisory services, ports, railandtransit, tunnels,and water.Want to be part of thecreation andconstruction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Hatch LTK- LTK, one of the nation’s most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries and Hatch Engineering, experts in business and technical experience in mining, energy and infrastructure sectors, have joined together to form the top rail and transit solutions provider. We are currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Transit System Assurance, Reliability, Safety and Security Consultant
Possible Locations: Ambler, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Brooklyn, NY; Atlanta, GA; Los Angeles; CA, Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Oakland, CA
Hatch LTK is seeking candidates with skills and capabilities in any, or all, of the following areas within the transit industry: system assurance, reliability, safety and security fields.
Experience of the design lifecycle as well as experience with key military and CENELEC standards such as MIL-STD-882, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129 is preferred.Experience with applicable OSHA standards and regulations as well as Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS) review and analyses is preferred.
General Skills and Capabilities:
A Bachelor’s degree in an applicable health, safety, engineering or other technical discipline with 5 to 15 years of experience working directly with a transportation agency and/or external clients. Any one or a combination of the following licenses and certifications are strongly preferred:
- Professional Engineering (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT) and/or OSHA-Authorized Trainer (General and Construction Industries)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP)
- World Safety Organization Certified Safety Specialist (WSO-CSS)
- World Safety Organization Certified Safety and Security Director (WSO-CSSD)
- World Safety Organization Certified Safety Executive (WSO-CSE)
- Public Transportation Safety Certification Training Program (PTSCTP)
The ideal candidate is a motivated, results-driven professional who is seeking growth. Knowledge and/or experience in one of the following areas is preferred: typical project development and implementation cycles, developing system assurance activities and deliverables, familiarity with hazard management, system safety plans, safety assurance, risk assessment, reliability engineering and modelling. Experience with business development and proposal writing, working across design and construction rail related projects, and/or the ability to develop and present safety management related workshops is a plus. Being capable to work well with other employees or independently as well as strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with outside vendors and clients is essential for this position. Candidates should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high level of quality.Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Reviewing and developing system assurance analyses and documentation such as SHA and IHA
- Creating and managing detailed hazard analyses for all stages of a project
- Preparing technical documents/reports and presenting to clients, project teams, etc.
- Continuous, effective communication and relationship building with clients in the development and implementation of projects
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships
- Developing and reviewing RAMS documentation
- Developing safety and security plans
- Reviewing and analyzing reliability data
- Developing and/or delivering training surrounding occupational health and safety, accounting for federal, state and local regulations
Annual salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.Nearest Major Market:
Pittsburgh Job Segment:
Consultant, Consulting, Engineer, Safety Engineer, Contract, Engineering, Aviation