HR Advisor Expressions of Interest for 2022 East Coast
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Grow your career in 2022
- Join a leading global company
People Experience is the HR Operations team within Rio Tinto, providing front line HR advisory to Leaders. Our team is a talent pool for HR professionals to develop and extend their career into other areas of HR or the business. With this planned internal team movement in mind, we want to think differently and welcome new team members, the best of the best, in a more agile way when someone else's progress opens a new opportunity.
We are seeking "expressions of interest"
from candidates based on the East Coast of Australia (or willing to relocate to Brisbane)
with HR advisory experience who are excited by thinking differently and would like to be considered for forthcoming job opportunities commencing in 2022. What does this mean? We will recruit to a certain point, you will have an opportunity to learn about our business and when a position becomes available, we will complete the recruitment process.
Our HR Advisors coach and advise a range of leaders across operations and functions to ensure the effective implementation of Rio Tinto Human Resource policies, systems and programs.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry's best and brightest minds. We offer competitive remuneration and a variety of work to further help you develop and grow your career.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a true collaborator, a trusted advisor and HR innovator. Our HR Advisor roles are fast paced and you will be:
What you'll bring
- Advising and coaching on employee relations matters to customers with a focus on early intervention and people centricity
- Leading and participating in HR projects with exceptional attention to detail and out of the box thinking
- Driving change with a focus on continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Developing and embedding of HR procedures, systems, templates and reporting mechanisms
- Building Leader capability in HR systems and processes including cyclical processes
- Facilitating organisational change through to HR systems and processes
About Rio Tinto
- Proven experience in human resources with a comprehensive knowledge of generalist HR activities
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian Employment Law framework and best practice application of relevant legislation
- Extensive experience in complex workplace investigations and advising on performance management practices
- Ability to provide HR services remotely with experience in utilising technology platforms to facilitate stronger engagement and the flexibility for site travel within when required
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a continuous improvement culture and have a strong commitment to team-based processes and outcomes
- Capacity and versatility to operate in a large and dynamic organisation which involves delivering business objectives remotely and across a diverse workforce
- Excellent interpersonal influencing, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultation skills along with managing your time to deliver priorities
- A desire for greater exposure to team leadership and seek to be a leader in the future an advantage for some roles
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you will be working
People Experience provide HR advisory, global mobility, talent acquisition and recruitment, employee relations, remuneration and performance services to leaders, employees & HR business partners.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.