Trafigura Group has an immediate need for a qualified Chief Geologist at its Myra Falls Mine on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a very comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Make Myra Falls Mine your next career choice!
THE ROLE & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Chief Geologist leads the production geology team and collaborates with other departments including mine operations and engineering. This role plans, directs, and manages all geology functions including developing team members, developing block models used to calculate reserves and resources, designing and managing infill drill programs and other projects as required.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly mine production targets are met
- Oversee mine geology projects to ensure timelines are met and standards and quality of work are within Myra Falls Mine standards
- Maintain communication with mine engineering and Mill metallurgy to ensure that targets are being met
- Mentor geology staff
- Develop and maintain the geology budget, which includes monitoring department and drill program costs
- Liaise with contractors and outside agencies when required
- Bachelor Degree (Geology, Geological Engineering or related) or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in an underground operation
- Professional Geologist designation as defined by a Qualified Person from Canadian National Instrument43-101 requirements or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months
- Experience with Vulcan and Deswik software an asset
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using SAP would be an asset
Myra Falls Mine is an underground mine operation located 90 km southwest of Campbell River, BC in the picturesque surroundings of Strathcona Provincial Park. Surrounded by mountains and lakes, the mine has some of the world’s most impressive views. This is an onsite position and daily travel between the Campbell River/Courtenay area and the mine site is required. Bus transportation is provided. Relocation assistance to the Campbell River area may be available. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Interested candidates should send their resumes to Myrafalls.Careers@myrafallsmine.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.