Supervisor- ProcessingThe Company:
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir's mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.The Role:
We are seeking a Supervisor Processing for a position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Superintendent Processing, the purpose of this role is to manage one of the four operational teams within the process operations area. The designated areas of operational supervision are HGO milling, FGO (inclusive of COS operations), Autoclaves (inclusive of CCD and final tailings deposition) and NCA (Inclusive of column and Kiln recovery circuits). The successful candidate will be responsible for training and developing all operators and the safe and environmentally compliant delivery of all key production targets including unit production rates and gold recoveries. You will also add value by:
- Ensuring that the plant is operated according to metallurgical parameters as set out by the metallurgy department.
- Ensuring that shift production targets are achieved in a safe productive manner.
- Organising and prepares shift rosters, overtime and leave to ensure that sufficient resources are available to operate the specific plant areas.
- Supervising team members in the daily operation of multiple areas of the plant by completing daily plans and raising work notifications for any defects found in the area, ensuring that any non-resolved issues are escalated.
- Ensuring all works during the shift (shift inspections, identifying defects, system verifications, routine schedules, SOPs etc.) are completed within all safety, environmental and company compliance processes and guidelines.
- Delivering accurate and detailed handover on a shift by shift basis so the oncoming shift are fully briefed on the status of the plant including both verbally at the shift handover meetings as well as documenting events in the OneView shift handover report
- 5+ years experience essential in a similar role
- In depth knowledge and experience of mineral processing
- Relevant experience leading and training a team
- SAP knowledge
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Sound planning and analytical skills
- Certificate 4 in resource processing (preferable) or relevant industry experience
- Tertiary qualification is advantageous
- PNG drivers license- currently holds class 1 or ability to obtain is essential
- Open to PNG nationals only.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last 6 months
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.Contact Us:
Please apply directly by submitting your Cover Letter, CV + Support Documents, preferably as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.