Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com . To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page .
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
Rainy River Mine
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in. Training Admin Coordinator - Temporary 1 Year Schedule:
5/2, 4/3 – 9-hour days Position Reports To:
Mine Training Supervisor Position Overview
The Training Admin Coordinator will work as a vital part of the Training Team by providing effective and efficient administrative support. This role is a temporary 1 year contract. Key Responsibilities
- General administrative duties including tracking, updating and organizing pertinent information, preparing presentations and reports, coordinating team meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- SharePoint and SAP key user including budget management for the training team, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and other pertinent information
- Oversee the Team agenda, including booking meeting rooms, organizing visitor and training travels, ordering supplies and prepare meeting rooms appropriately according to priorities.
- Providing training document and control support.
- Supporting the training team with managing information and software such as Smart Sheet, INX intuition and CBT' s
- Coordinate with other departments for onboarding and scheduling New Hires.
- Enroll and monitor New Hires for CBT training.
Why New Gold?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ previous experience working in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience working with SAP and SharePoint is considered an asset
- Demonstrated high efficiency, and the ability to work with minimal direction and as part of the team. Excellent multi-tasking skills – able to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to individuals that have previous administrative experience working in a mine/industrial environment in Ontario.
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request. Additional Information
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn .