Direct, plan, organize, and control department and promote technical and professional development within the group in providing excellent engineering services, including design development, schedule preparation, cost estimation, and material procurement, for all construction related works at all Jobsite areas efficiently and effectively, in order to ensure the achievement of customers' needs and requirements within the budget and time frame according to company's policies and procedures. Take a leadership role in the Electrical Safety Steering Team (ESST). Must have a strong background in electrical safety which includes a thorough knowledge of NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E - Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. Review and update electrical standards and SOP's on an as needed basis. Additional Responsibilities
1. Provide a strong leadership role in improving the electrical safety throughout the COW.
2. Maintain an active key membership on the ESST.
3. Liaise with Corporate Electrical Engineers and Safety to make sure PTFI complies with all corporate electrical safety policies and technical standards that are applicable to operations in Indonesia.
4. Establish and help implement employee training and development programs, in order to promote technical and professional development for national engineers within the department.
5. Evaluate and justify the need for capital expenditure projects through cost and benefit analysis to the company, in order to provide recommendation of the most appropriate solution to the Company's engineering capital expenditure requirements.
6. Provide assistance to the engineering department manager on setting priorities and schedule of engineering work, in order to ensure the design master schedule for all engineering work is met with efficient allocation of engineering resources.
7. Review the design calculations, drawings, and specifications, in order to ensure compliance with company and government, national and international regulations, standards, and procedures.
8. Review and update standards and procedures via the ESST, in order to comply with government and international standards and regulations and that PTFI follows all FMI corporate standards and guidelines.
9. Perform a lead role as a Project Engineer (PE) on the conceptual engineering work of the technically demanding critical or novel engineering projects, in order to ensure these projects are completed successfully and that national engineers gain a wider range of experience.
10. Monitor and supervise material take-off (MTO) and project estimates are completed in compliance with the existing procedures in a timely manner with a minimum of errors.
11. Review yearly plan and budget development, in order to provide guideline for the forthcoming year operation.
12. Review monthly actual activities against the plan and budget, in order to ensure the achievement of department objectives within the allocated resources.
13. Communicate, organize, and control the implementation of Company's policies and procedures, in order to ensure the department performs their duties in a safe manner and environmentally conscious.
14. Develop, monitor, evaluate, and appraise performance and potential capabilities of department, to contribute the development of professional team. Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with twelve (12) years of experience in related field.
• Strong background in electrical safety and full comprehension of the NEC.
• Advanced technical knowledge of electrical engineering design and analysis techniques including the use of electrical system modeling software for the use of performing short circuit studies and arc flash analysis.
• Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project scheduling software and/or Primavera.
• Ability to interpret customers engineering requirements and to conceptualize engineering solutions by application of advanced technical engineering knowledge to a diverse range of project applications.
• Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary projects to meet customers specific performance requirements for quality, cost control and completion targets.
• Ability to train and develop national engineers to advance their professional abilities and pass on technical knowledge to the junior engineers.
• Ability to prepare project budgets, schedules, and cost benefit analysis for project work to determine cost effective engineering solutions.
• Ability to analyze and plan engineering design work and resource requirements to balance the demands of a large number of customers.
• Ability to prepare technical specifications and documents for the specification of engineering technical services and products.
• Ability to plan and supervise the work of the Technical Consultants. Preferred Qualifications
- Six (6) years of experience in project engineering design on heavy industrial projects related to mining and infrastructure development covering the design and construction experience as a Project Engineer or Construction Manager in mining and/or infrastructure construction projects.
- Six (6) years of experience managing multidisciplinary design projects work including materials estimating, project scheduling, and project budget development.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Construction, Instrumentation, Engineering