At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Tanami is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. It is a long-life, low-cost, world-class asset in a core Newmont region. The Tanami Expansion 2 project, aims to extend the mine life beyond 2040, investing in a hoisting shaft which will increase the production of the underground mine from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.2 Mtpa. Both the successful exploration within the underground operation and implementation of the first Tanami Expansion has laid the foundation to further develop the operation to remain a major contributor to the Newmont portfolio. A fully equipped camp is located 40km from the site offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin. The Role
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Process Technician
is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Newmont Tanami Operations (NTO), Process Plant and associated infrastructure in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out all duties in accordance with site safety policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe working environment for self and others.
- Ensure that all processing plant is operated in accordance within specified set points and guidelines provided escalating arising issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that prestart and operational area checks and inspections occur at specified frequencies.
- Perform chemical reagent unloads ensuring complete safety and attention to detail with documentation and procedure.
- Ensure that sample collection, sample handling, sample storage, sample testing and accurate and timely recording of these test results are recorded in appropriate area log sheets.
- Ensure that the plant and its surrounds are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Ensure that shift reports and other documentation requirements and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Previous experience as a Process Technician.
- 2 years' experience in the mining industry, preferable.
- Sound level of understanding of gold processing plants will be highly regarded.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Current Australian driver's license.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyse a task and understand safety and job requirements.
- Proof of current Covid-19 vaccination is required as per the NT Government direction .
To be considered for this role, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current driver's license, passing a police clearance and pre-employment medical. Application close Friday 28th January 2022
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories. More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.