Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist you will be responsible for providing quality mine geology services and working collaboratively with the broader mining team to maximise return from the operation.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 8 days on, 6 days roster and is FIFO from Perth. Benefits include:
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
Duties of the role:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Assist with diamond core logging of underground grade control and exploration programs;
- Support the Mining Team in maximising ore recovery and minimising dilution;
- Collect and analyse underground grade control data (face mapping, face sampling, core logging) in preparation for block modelling;
- Utilise site systems and QA/QC protocols to ensure the quality and integrity of data;
- Provide geological interpretation, grade control models, mine definition models and reports to ensure accuracy of interpretation and delivery of quality information and data;
- Contribute to the delineation, extension and discovery of Reserves.
You will have:
Applications can be submitted via :
- Degree in Geology or a related discipline
- Previous mining industry experience - preferably gold - with exposure to mine geology, grade control practices and reserve/stope definition drilling
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Leapfrog and Datamine geological modelling software package
- Possess a current Driver's Licence
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
https://careers.goldfields.com.au We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.