As a valued member of the Mine Geology team you will be responsible for providing quality geology services and working collaboratively with the broader Mining Team to maximise return from the operation.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 8 days on, 6 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth.Benefits include:
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
Duties of the role:
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Employee Referral Reward of $10,000 per successful referral!
- Assist with diamond core logging of UG grade control and exploration programs
- Support the Mining Team in maximising ore recovery and minimising dilution
- Collect and analyse underground grade control data (face mapping, face sampling, core logging) in preparation for block modelling
- Utilise site systems and QA/QC protocols to ensure the quality and integrity of data
- Contribute to the delineation, extension and discovery of Reserves
You will have:
Applications can be submitted via:
- Degree in Geology or a related discipline
- Previous mining industry experience - preferably gold - with exposure to mine geology, grade control practices and reserve/stope definition drilling
- Applications from Junior Geologists are also encouraged
- Experience using MS Office, Leapfrog and Datamine geological modelling software preferred, but not essential
- Possess a current driver's license
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
https://careers.goldfields.com.au We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.