Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness
Due to increased production, Northern Star (Pogo) LLC has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Underground Miner at our world-class Pogo operation in Alaska on a rotational camp schedule.What do we offer?
What's the role?
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, 401(K) and paid leave.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
The entry level Underground Miner reports to the Underground Shift Supervisor, and the primary role is to safely and efficiently operate underground equipment and perform various mining tasks including heavy equipment operation and working with the Service Crew on utilities and construction underground. Other duties may include Nipping, Mucking, Powder Crew & Rockpick.
Underground duties and equipment operated may vary from time to time and include:
What are we looking for?
- Safe and efficient operation of underground haul trucks.
- Transportation of ore and waste to correct designated dump locations.
- Accurate recording of haulage movement.
- Working on service or construction crews.
- Working as directed to minimize equipment down-time and maximize productivity.
- General laboring as required.
- General housekeeping of the work area
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are serviceable and safe.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on two-way radio.
- Ensure all safety related activities are undertaken in accordance with Company policy and MSHA requirements including Hazard ID's, pre-start checks, pre-start meetings, and incident reporting.
- Assist with fault finding and preventative maintenance
- Assessing and monitoring of ground conditions.
- Conduct scaling in accordance with site requirements.
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor
You'll be a highly determined and positive individual who will display behavior consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development. The specifics:
- Experience in underground hard rock mining techniques (not essential).
- Experience operating heavy equipment (not essential).
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Construction, labor and/or farming experience preferred.
- Good communication skills, including ability to read and speak English.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Ability to provide leadership and training to new team members (not essential).
- Must have good comprehension of safe operating procedures, safety rules, policies, emergency procedures, and MSHA requirements.
- Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
Working a 2 week on, 1 week off rotating schedule of days and nights, up to 12 hours a day or more at a remote campsite. Extreme conditions, including but not limited to extreme and changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
Employees are required to stay on site at the company provided camp during the work rotation. Camp facilities provide dining service, games room, exercise & weight room, sauna, and accommodation rooms. Dormitory rooms have a land line phone, great Wi-Fi & cable TV. Cell service is available through Wi-Fi. The Company provides a bus service to and from Fairbanks, Delta Junction and Tok, Alaska.A Covid Vaccine is required as a condition of employment for all employees hired on or after July 12, 2021.
Why join us?
- Either one round of Pfizer or Moderna, or the J&J COVID-19 Vaccine is required prior to beginning work for Northern Star (Pogo) LLC. If Pfizer or Moderna, the second vaccine shot will then be needed as scheduled to complete the requirement.
- Requests for exceptions to this requirement, for reasons such as a candidate's religious beliefs or disability status, will be considered on a case by case basis and determined by the general manager.
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/ Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Delta and Tok regions will be given first consideration. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Full Job Description