Requisition ID:42697Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Hatch is seeking a SeniorCivil Engineer to join its team in Columbus, OH;Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA to assist with current and exciting future projects. Our team focuseson green infrastructure (GI) design, landscape architecture, sustainable site design, landscape restoration, urban forestry, and climate change preparedness. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle, comprising conceptual design, feasibility studies, stormwater management plans, detailed engineering, construction administration, and project management.Position Summary:
We are seeking candidates to work as part of our team on a wide range of local, national, and international green infrastructure and site development projects for municipal and private sector clients. As Senior Stormwater Engineer, you will work with Project and Junior-level Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects providing engineering design and stormwater modeling support.You will progress design concepts through design development and work with the project team to produce Construction Documents.The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who possesses the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team, takes initiative on tasks and coordinating with others, adheres to project deadlines, and demonstrates a good work ethic.Key Responsibilities:
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Support our interdisciplinary team in the planning, design and overseeing construction on a variety of site development and green infrastructure projects including transit developments, complete and green streets, parks and greenways, constructed wetlands, and the restoration of slopes and shorelines using bioengineering techniques.
- Perform overall site layout, grading utility layout, drainage, and erosion and sediment control design.
- Oversee stormwater calculations and modeling, project document reports, and complete quantity take-offs for cost estimates.
- Prepare profiles, cross sections, and construction details.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of civil and environmental engineers (4-6), estimates manpower needs, and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date.
- Oversee preparation of Contract Documents.
- Manage construction support tasks such as submittals and RFIs between the contractor and designer.
- Perform administrative duties associated with project management for civil projects.
- Consult with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Use advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of his/her field and related disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent degree).
- Ten-plus (10+) years of previous design experience in civil, site, and stormwater management design.
- Registered Professional Engineer license required (Massachusetts license preferred).
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with Microstation, GIS/ArcView, Autoturn, Hydraflow, HydroCAD or equivalent stormwater modeling programs is a strong plus.
- Knowledge and experience with LEED® and Envision® rating systems are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Nearest Major Market:
Pittsburgh Job Segment:
Civil Engineer, Biomedical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Geology, Engineering