Hiring Company: Major Drilling Group International Inc.
Position: Diamond Driller – Surface mining and quarrying (15 positions)
Start Date: March 1, 2022
Job Type: Full-time, 2-year position
Job Description: Do you want to work for one of the largest drilling companies internationally, supplying services to the mining and geological exploration industries?
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive and/or operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines to drill or bore large holes to specified depths at staked positions in open-pit mine or quarry;
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for building foundations or pilings;
- May measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled, load blast holes with explosives and detonate explosives to dislodge coal, ore or rock;
- Accurately complete Drill Reports;
- Delegate tasks, give feedback to crew, develop strength and skills (yours and others) within established objectives and goals drilling contract;
- Ensure core/sample meets Client specifications;
- Ensure hole specifications i.e. angle depth size, meet Client’s requirements;
- Present core/sample in a manner acceptable to Client;
- To provide technical expertise to your crew;
- Drive mobile equipment (muskeg, snowmobile, truck etc.) in accordance with internal/ external policies, rules and directives;
- To set the rig up in a safe manner, so as to obtain an accurate sample as specified by Client;
- To operate the rig in a manner so as not to endanger yourself or any other persons involved in the day-to-day running of the operation;
- To operate the rig in a manner that conforms to Major Drilling’s performance targets, policies and procedures;
- Anticipate needs of equipment, supplies, resources when necessary;
- Contribute as a valued team member and demonstrate commitment to common goals and targets of the Company;
- Reports to the Driller and Foreman (HSEC & Operation);
- Tasks execution;
- Performance and maintaining a positive attitude;
- Inform your Supervisor of all disciplinary interactions.
- Preferably, have a current registered driver’s license.
- Be physically fit and have good physical dexterity.
- Prefer working outdoors.
- Enjoy travel or at least adapt to a nomadic lifestyle.
- Be compatible with other people in a small team environment.
- Be adaptive to living without the normal comforts of home.
- Be able to work for long hours under prevailing climatic conditions.
- Good communication and mathematical skills.
- Can speak and understand the English language.
- Preferably, have a mechanical background and aptitude, with skills in operating and maintaining machinery.
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test with random testing.
- Have or be willing to obtain a valid First Aid level C.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Diamond Driller.
Applicants must also possess a work history that highlights the following combination of skills and experience: On-the-job training provided.
Wages: $30.00 per hour / 88 hours per week
Benefits: Medical benefits, dental benefits, vision care benefits. Staff accommodation and meals provided.
Location of Work: Applicants will be employed in the Northeast Ontario region in one of the locations listed here, and may be required to work in several different locations: Sudbury, Chapleau, Kirkland Lake, Timmins, Red Lake, Pickle Lake.
Send Resumes to:
Apply online: www.majordrilling.com/careers
Company Address: 25 Durum Drive, Rosser, MB R0H 1E0