angle-right Job no:
582844 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Trades, Maintenance, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Downer Hamilton Transport Construction team needs physically fit and motivated people to join our crew and lend a helping hand as General Labourers. This is an entry level opportunity for people interested in civil construction and roading. You will be involved in the general operation of trucks and machinery as well as day to day manual labouring duties.
We offer plenty of development opportunities for our Labourers who put in the hard yards, we support and encourage training and upskilling. You will be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Being open and willing to develop your skill set and advance your career
If you enjoy spending your days outdoors and getting involved in practical work, this is the job for you! So what do we offer?
- A stable working environment
- Full time hours guaranteed - minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and meal allowances
- The chance to join a passionate team that likes to have a laugh while getting the job done
- A real focus on a safe working environment with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Extensive training to develop your skillset and propel your career forward
Along with a positive attitude and a commitment to safe workplace practises, we are looking for you to have:
- Class 1 - Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- The ability to work well within a team and alone when required
- A can-do attitude with a good work ethic
- Demonstrated that you are reliable and dependable
It also helps if you have the following, however these are not deal breakers and training can be provided:
- Class 2 - 4 Drivers Licences and WTR endorsements
- Past experience in drain laying, concrete placing and formwork
- Experience operating a variety of civil machinery
Ultimately we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn, grow and develop themselves within our business.