angle-right Job no:
586874 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
New Plymouth Categories:
Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Are you looking for your next step within your career; have you managed projects and want to take your experience and apply in an environment that will support and enable you to be successful. We have a current opening for an Operations Manager based in New Plymouth to manage the operations of one of our contracts.About the role
As a key part of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for working with the Contract Manager in the leadership, management and effective delivery of all operations including internal and external supply partner activities within our contract. You will be responsible for continual review of the operations and identify and affect necessary improvements around Quality and Health and Safety. Benefits
Downer is organisation that stands for relationships creating success and what that means for our new team member is we are offering the following:
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Relocation Package that takes the worry out of relocating
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
You may be working in Project Management or in a similar role and are looking for that opportunity to gain experience working within a contract that will give you the depth and breadth of development you are looking for and the opportunity to grow your skills and experience. We do require you to have some further experience and skills so we can ensure your success:
- Proven understanding of financial management including revenue, expected margin, procurement, receipting, cost control and WIP
- A strong track record of leading teams and believe leadership is not about what you do but who you are
- The ability to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams
- The willingness to provide solutions to assist with a 'continual improvement' philosophy