angle-right Job no:
586887 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Palmerston North Categories:
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
You will be leading one of our Palmerston North based crews doing civil construction works and road maintenance. This 'hands on' role will require you to provide leadership by planning, organising, directing, providing direction and controlling activities whilst working alongside the team in the field.
You will be expected to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers and that all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met.What we offer:
- Stable working environment
- Plenty of challenging work
- Competitive remuneration package
- A real focus on a safe work environment
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
- Excellent career growth opportunities within a large international organisation
- Previous experience in a similar position within the civil construction / roading industry
- Team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and mentor a team with a "continual improvement" philosophy
- Knowledge of and experienced in civil construction specifications and procedures
- A flexible work approach to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams, as no two days are the same
- High standard of workmanship
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong safety and quality focus
If you are organised, have systematic approach to working environment with strong planning skills then this could be the role for you. Be ready to mentor and up-skill by providing training and development to have a high performing crew then we want to hear from you!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 586887 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered. Advertised:
14 Jan 2022 New Zealand Daylight Time Applications close:
11 Feb 2022 New Zealand Daylight Time