angle-right Job no:
586072 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Mt Maunganui Categories:
Finance & Administration
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand has a proud history that can be traced back to 1870, and today we are NZ's leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment is building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions. The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in . About the role:
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end-to-end services to owners of electricity, gas and other network and industrial assets. We offer turnkey solutions that include design, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, protection, maintenance and operation across electricity transmission and distribution assets.
We are seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to join the team based in Mount Maunganui. In the role, you will support the Power & Gas group to achieve its contractual and business objectives through effective administration, oversight of service activity claims reconciliation, invoicing, job-costing, reporting and forecasting. The Contracts Administrator will have a deep understanding of relevant contractual and commercial terms, assist operational teams in securing their contractual entitlements and support the business in achieving revenue targets. About you:
You will offer:
What we offer:
- Sound numerical skills and an understanding of job costing
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient administration skills and software literacy - experience with using a large ERP system
- Experienced user of the Microsoft suite of programmes, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work with confidence and assertiveness
- Ability to operate in a busy and changing environment, showing sound judgement and a professional approach
- Ability to work unsupervised demonstrating independence and drive - taking on full ownership of your responsibilities
- Team player who supports and actively works towards achieving the team goals
- Technical knowledge of the Electricity / Contracting Industry a key advantage to being successful in the role
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 586072 to apply. Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Advertised:
29 Nov 2021 New Zealand Daylight Time Applications close:
28 Feb 2022 New Zealand Daylight Time