angle-right Job no:
580377 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Trades, Operations/Production, Construction, Water
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Civil Delivery Manager you will be responsible for operating an industry leading Class 4 Hydro Excavation truck and any other Class 2 or Class 4 trucks as required . Not only will you be operating multiple heavy trucks but you will also be assisting on the ground as and when required completing civil work other than Hydro Excavation.
You will also identify any obstacles with underground services and assist the team with all types of work within the civil operation. Your can do attitude and a hands on approach will make you carry out the installations effectively and safely. About you:
We are seeking applicants with the following skills and attributes:
What's on offer:
- Have the ability to handle pressure in a sometimes challenging environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to build & maintain relationships with customers and team members
- Be a team player, positive, energetic and focused on achieving the desired goals
- Have at least 2 years' experience operating Class 4 heavy trucks with road ranger gearbox experience.
- Have full class 4 HT license
- Have previous Hydro Excavation experience not essential but advantageous (specific truck training provided)
- Have previous experience working in the water industry (not essential but will be advantageous)
- Have traffic management experience
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.