angle-right Job no:
585610 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Palmerston North Categories:
Operations/Production, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.About us
At Downer, our purpose is to create and sustain the modern environment. From our roads, to our rail, ports, and airports, our Transport Services business unit is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving.
We are big picture people, operating a under a model that pushes beyond the here and now. We design, build, and sustain the projects we work on, whilst also developing innovative solutions to the world's leading issues around sustainability, where we are recognised as global leaders.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping our future. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us as we continue to engineer and construct a better tomorrow for generations to come.About the role
Due to rapid growth, the Downer Palmerston North team are looking for motivated individuals to join our Transport Services crew as Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Level 1 / A/B. This is a prime opportunity to join a great company that looks after its people - whether you are experienced or you're just starting out and looking to get your feet into the industry.Why join Downer?
Our Palmerston North Traffic Management team is responsible for supporting various roading projects, so you will gain plenty of experience and a foot in the door to an organisation where your opportunities for growth are endless. We also offer:
What does a Downer STMS do?
- Full time work - a minimum of 40 hours per week plus penal rates for overtime, night and on call shifts
- Tools of trade, Uniform, and PPE gear supplied
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career progression
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts including subsidised health insurance, retail specials, vehicle rentals, banking offers, free counselling services + more!
You will play a huge part in the success of our assignments and representing the Downer brand. You will work to Traffic Management plans, manage crews and supervise Traffic Controllers on site. You'll play a key role ensuring your team and the general public are safe at all times. Day to day tasks will include:
Skills and Experience required:
- Managing work site traffic safety ensuring correct sign set out and supporting with traffic control
- Incident management where you will attend and manage emergency call outs
- Maintaining signs, vehicles, assets and equipment
- Supporting crew with coaching and on-the-job development and training
If you enjoy spending your days on your feet and outdoors, this would be your perfect next move! You will have a can-do attitude, strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate your team. We'd also value:
- STMS Level A/B or 1 Warrant (preferable)
- Class 1 Full New Zealand Driver's licence (Class 2 beneficial)
- Reliability, problem solving abilities and people skills
- A commitment and confidence to maintain safe work practices
- A willingness to travel throughout the Palmerston North region and pick up overtime