angle-right Job no:
580774 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Management, Health Safety & Environment, Maintenance, Operations/Production, Construction
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer's Construction division is highly respected and has a great track record for delivering a high standard of work across New Zealand. Due to growth, we have full time Construction Site Foreperson positions available in Penrose, Auckland for individuals with exceptional leadership skills and a passion for delivering results.About the role:
Your days will be busy managing and supervising Renewals and Construction projects in the Auckland and surrounding regions. This 'hands on' role will require you to provide leadership to your crew by planning, offering clear direction and monitoring activities whilst working alongside the team in the field. You will also:
- Be responsible to ensure all work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers
- Ensure that all Zero Harm and production targets are met
- Provide clear records and reports on all activities undertaken by Downer staff and subcontractors
- Offer coaching and training to your crew to grow their capabilities
This is a permanent, full time position, primarily working Monday - Friday however flexibility to pick up occasional night shifts, weekend work and on-call shifts is required.
To be successful in this challenging and exciting role you will have excellent communication skills and solid customer and commercial awareness on site. You will be confident to plan and structure the workload but also capable to trouble shoot on the fly. Alongside a good understanding of Paving, Sealing & Stabilisation methodologies you will also have sound knowledge of Quality Assurance, Health and Safety & RMA procedures and performance. We'd also value the following skills and attributes:
- Class 1-2 Drivers Licence required
- Class 4-5 Drivers Licence and WTR endorsements are desirable
- Basic understanding of financial controls
- Previous experience supervising Civil projects, including road maintenance projects
- Confidence maintaining and enforcing safety standards and site safe operations
- Great leadership with the ability to identify potential in people as well as mentor and train team members
An opportunity to work in an industry-leading organisation. Downer New Zealand is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. With a great team culture and responsive management; you will be positioned for success. We also offer:
- Long term career development opportunities
- A stable work environment with a Full time hours guaranteed - Minimum 40 hours per week with penal rates for overtime worked
- Support to mentor and develop a team of experts
- A competitive remuneration package with access to corporate discounts and perks
- Tools of trade including uniform, PPE gear, phone and company vehicle