angle-right Job no:
583753 Work type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Operations/Production, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand's infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 10,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand's biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
With a strong civil infrastructure opportunity pipeline in sectors such as roads, ports, rail and streetscapes, our business is well positioned to continue on this growth trajectory. The successful applicant will be expected to add value to an experienced team with estimating expertise across a range of integrated civil construction projects with a value ranging from $10m - $150m. Your expertise will be utilised on projects such as (but not restricted to) transport, wharves, ports, structures and treatment plants.
Key responsibilities will include liaison with senior management on bid strategy, tender preparation and accurate estimating, negotiation and handover, and evaluation and performance appraisal of subcontractors and suppliers - just to name a few!About you:
Ideally, you will be an estimator with a minimum of 10 years' experience involved in projects and tendering.
We want to hear from you if you have the following attributes:
- Proven experience in the pricing process within a major contracting environment.
- Essential to have proven project experience on civil infrastructure projects of $10m+ value.
- A high degree of computer literacy including use of estimating software (preferably Candy)
- High level written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work closely within a great team
- A formal tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or quantity surveying
To apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), apply now in order to be directed to our website - Reference 583753Advertised:
25 Aug 2021 New Zealand Standard Time Applications close: