Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking Contracts Engineers / Administrators
in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
Wood can offer you a career in the ever expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD we have an onsite gym with five star end of trip facilities.
The Contracts function focuses on all aspects of client contract negotiation and reviews including client tenders and contracts, MOUs, Bidding Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Parent Company Guarantees, subcontract flowdowns and other agreements required to meet the business needs.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, other duties (not limited to) may include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Drafting, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts with clients and operators in the energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and construction industries.
- Ability to negotiate client contracts and MSAs under the supervision of the Head of Contracts / Contracts Manager.
- Negotiation of consultancy agreements, confidentiality agreements, low risk/low value contracts with clients, standard form contracts and purchase orders.
- Assistance with the terms and conditions of/negotiation of subcontracts in support of the subcontracts function.
- Negotiation and drafting of MOUs, bidding agreements and co-operation agreements under the supervision of their manager.
- Ability to draft and edit documents for compliance with the group-wide Contracting Policy (CP) and to follow the relevant internal contracting policies and processes.
- Interface with the Commercial, Tax, Insurance and Legal Departments and any other functions as appropriate.
- Provide input to commercial handovers to the execution teams for successfully awarded contracts.
- Assist embedding the financial management framework.
- Personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the overall Company HSSE & S policies and procedures
What will set you apart is your previous experience working on mining projects with an engineering company. You will also have:
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Business Studies, Quantity Surveying or Law.
- Experience and proven track record of contract review and negotiation in a service company environment.
- In addition to undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have work experience in the industry which would allow understanding of and exposure to key contracting principles.
- Experience in the negotiation and set up of JVs, MOUs, bidding agreements and consortium agreements.
- Expert knowledge of contract terms, contract principles and drafting and roll out of contracting policies.
- Working knowledge of the Company Finance and HR / P&O systems.
- Awareness of all relevant corporate and project procedures.
- Proven track record in contracts review, development and negotiation.
- Excellent understanding of Client contract structures, principles and policies.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered. We are looking for Perth based candidates. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Contracts Engineer or Administrator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.