Manager, Mining Technical Disclosure
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive.
Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make British Columbia a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
Do you enjoy professional challenges and want to play a key role in the regulation of British Columbia’s vibrant capital markets? As the Manager, Technical Disclosure, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to monitor, review and improve the scientific and technical information that mining companies make available to the public in British Columbia. Your key responsibilities will include to:
- Manage the Mining team, including setting team priorities consistent with the BCSC’s Service Plan
- Participate in developing and implementing the strategies and initiatives of the Corporate Finance division, including participating actively in the BCSC’s digital transformation program
- Oversee reviews of scientific and technical disclosure by reporting issuers including in prospectuses, technical reports, issuer websites, and marketing materials, and work constructively to resolve regulatory comments
- Work together with other Corporate Finance, BCSC, and CSA staff to develop amendments to securities laws and policies
- Work closely with other Canadian securities regulators and maintain good relationships with relevant industry standard setters
- Lead outreach to and education of industry stakeholders, to enhance the culture of compliance
- Represent the BCSC at conferences and professional and public education forums
The successful candidate has:
- At least 15 years’ professional experience as a geoscientist or engineer in mineral exploration, mine development or operations, or mineral project assessment, or preferably a combination of these experiences
- In-depth knowledge of the mining industry and expert understanding of scientific and technical information on mineral exploration and mine development projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of National Instrument 43-101
- Management experience
- Demonstrated sound judgment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC or eligible to become a member
Desirable skills / experience include:
- Competence with enterprise risk management, database, and business analytics software
- Regulatory experience
- Policy development experience
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment with work-life balance, and a hybrid work model, as well as a competitive compensation package that includes a defined benefit pension plan and four weeks of annual vacation. We have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by January 28, 2022. Competition 22:107.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.