Procurement Specialist Gas and Energy North America
About your role
- Key role in a diverse and global procurement organization"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯
- Previous experience with multi-national companies
- Role based from home and Montreal, Quebec
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist Gas and Energy North America
to be based in our Montreal office.
The Procurement Specialist Gas and Energy North America will be responsible for category strategy development and management of the supply chain for the Gas and to work in team to support other Energy and Explosives related commodities (ex: gas, diesel, fuel oil/bunker, lubricants, renewable energy projects,) to support Rio Tinto mining, smelting and refining operations in North America (Canada, USA and other International locations). Reporting to the Principal Energy and Explosives Procurement you will:
- Act as the subject matter expert for the natural gas across North America.
- Manage a portfolio of over one hundred million of dollars (negotiate and administer contracts)
- Work in team to support other Energy and Explosives related commodities such as gas, diesel, fuel oil, bunker, lubricants, and renewable energy projects
- Ensure safety and security of supply of our operation
- Monitor the North American markets index and data in link to your commodity which includes market supply/demand analysis, key market drivers, internal forecasts, future trend and changes to technology & regulatory environments
- Use such market data and strong working relationships with suppliers to leverage the value chain opportunities and realize the full contractual value for both parties (ex: supply chain redesign, pre-buy, hedging...)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports/forecast required by internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage different transport and distribution contracts to leverage suppliers' strengths in the value chain and optimize/redesign the supply chain when needed to ensure security of supply and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with Business Units across North America and lead stakeholder engagement at all levels of the organization.
- Work in team with Business Unites to identify, develop and implement key strategic initiative and program to reduce cost, streamline, optimise, redesign supply chain to create value
- Work in team with the other specialists on projects, share best practices and act as back up for other Energy and Explosives specialists.
- Stay aware of alternative energy market trends to support transition (ex: CNG, LNG, Hydrogen, Electricity Solar, Wind power...).
- Work in team to identify and implement energy efficiency and carbon emission reduction programs with the key stakeholders, suppliers and Business Units across North America
- Follow the Rio Tinto Procurement strategic sourcing framework with specific emphasis on contract implementation and contract
- Ensuring all projects are delivered using Ariba and they meet the requirements outlined in Rio Tinto Procurement and Group Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
- Measuring and reporting on supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPI) while leading supplier review meetings
- Ensuring supplier compliance to Rio Tinto's HSEC Standards and critical risk management processes
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Commercial, Engineering or Finance
- MBA or membership to a professional organization is a plus
- Minimum of 5 8 years of procurement & commercial, commodity trading or supply chain experience;
- Experience working with global multi-national companies in Oil & Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities and Logistics industries;
- Knowledge and experience with the Natural gas Diesel, Fuel Oil, Natural Gas and trading
- Strong commercial acumen with proven category and contract management capabilities
- Strong project management, problem solving and supplier/customer relationship management skills
- Experience in the formulation, presentation and implementation of innovative supply strategies and business cases;
- Strong ability to develop analytical modelling tools and translate findings to meaningful management information;
- Working knowledge of commercial contracts in some or all key supplier locations eg.US and Canada;
- An open and transparent approach and be able to achieve a high level of trust in a matrix environment;
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influenceand collaboration with others
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a self-starter
What we offer"¯
- This role includes work travel to Rio Tinto several sites located across North America, Europe, and Australia (as soon as the Covid-19 situation permit) as well and the participation to business calls during the early morning / late evening, when necessary to work in team with the worldwide team members
- Be available and authorized to travel in North America, Europe, and Australia as needed.
- Ability to communicate in French and English succinctly verbally and in written form with both internal and external stakeholdersis very important
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:"¯
Where you will be working
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ A safety-focused and inclusive working environment"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ A competitive salary"¯package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs"¯"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ Excellent retirement plan"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ A comprehensive leave policy that covers"¯all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter"¯
- "¯"¯"¯"¯"¯"¯ Generous Rio Tinto employee share program"¯
Rio Tinto Procurement (RTP) provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through end to end Category Management (strategy, strategic sourcing, and buying of goods and services and strategic customer, supplier and market management). Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable saving for the Group. About us"¯
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in 36 countries across six continents. Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to"¯be successfully considered"¯for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
We are seeking to increase the diversity across our operations in order to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees and encourage female applicants to apply.
** Please apply with an English version of your CV/resume