Advisor Fixed Plant - Pellet Plant Maintenance
About the role
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Exciting opportunity to apply and increase skills in a stimulating environment - Labrador City, NL
We are looking for an Advisor Fixed Plant
for our pellet plant maintenance team to provide support to the area and maintenance supervisors with daily work execution including parts supply, technical information, data entry and supporting defect elimination initiatives.
This role will ensure delays related to parts or the availability of information (procedures or instructions) are minimized, and unused parts or consumable spares are managed daily. This will allow the supervisors to spend valuable time monitoring the work execution from the floor level, addressing safety related issues and productivity inhibitors.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Pellet Plant Maintenance, you will:
- Participate in the development and articulation of the annual maintenance plans for Pellet Plant.
- Over-seeing of maintenance measures in mechanical maintenance division and ensuring adherence to quality and safety parameters.
- Adherence to effective utilization of maintenance budget.
- Advise on minimization of maintenance cost and optimize equipment life cycle cost.
- Assist in planning of optimum resource requirements for mechanical maintenance- manpower, materials and contractors.
- Lead equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
- Oversee the training and developments of other employees in plant maintenance operations, while they are performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities.
- Ensure compliance with procedures relating to auditing, documentation and record keeping of equipment history.
- Advise on all short-, medium- and long-term maintenance activities with maintenance planning department
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership in all planned and unplanned shut down maintenance activities including all minor and major overhauls
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
What we offer
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in the same or similar fields of iron ore production plant operations
- At least five (5) years' experience in maintenance of production facilities
- Mechanical trades discipline in Industrial Mechanic/Welding/Pipefitting or relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Proficient understanding of working history of equipment
- Technical troubleshooting
- Sound knowledge of iron ore plant processes
- In-depth knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects
- Good Knowledge of suppliers of material and services
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Good Project Management skill set
· Good communication skills ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
Where you will be working
- Be recognized for your contribution, thought, and hard work, and come home knowing you've helped the world move forward.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflecting your skills and experience with the annual incentive program
- Health and medical programs, retirement and savings plans
- Leave for all reasons of life (vacation / annual, paid parental leave, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
We are a leading North American producer and exporter of premium iron ore pellets and high-grade concentrate with average iron grades greater than 66%. With a team of over 2,400 employees, IOC is committed to providing value and continuity for our customers, employees, communities and shareholders through our unique mine to port approach, taking advantage of our full integration and wholly owned infrastructure to deliver our high-quality concentrate and pellets to our customers across the globe.
IOC's operations include a mine with five operational pits, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant located near Labrador City in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. We also operate a wholly owned 418 km railway, the Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway (QNS&L), that links our Labrador operations to Company-owned port facilities in Sept-Iles. About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.