Pilbara metal Recycling Superintendent
About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Join an innovative team to lead and unlock opportunities for Indigenous employment and contract management throughout Western Australia
- Permanent Full Time | Perth based or Karratha residential option 5/2 4/3 roster | Regular travel as required if Perth based
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
At Rio Tinto Iron Ore we are charged with ensuring successful contracting models with Indigenous and traditional owners that deliver sustainable business opportunities that delivers revenue, jobs, and growth. It means, consulting in good faith and building enduring, positive relationships based on mutual benefit and trust. In support of this the role will engage with business leaders and workshops across all our operations to engage and align the process for safe and responsible collections of scrap metal.
We are looking for a Pilbara Metal Recycling Superintendent
to work with key stakeholders (especially Traditional Owners, Site Managers, Workshop Superintendent) to co-ordinate and conduct the safe and efficient collection of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This role will be based residentially in Karratha or FIFO from Perth on a 5/2 4/3 roster arrangement and will require the flexibility to travel and work in the field. Key accountabilities include:
What you'll bring
- Develop the process for the collection of recyclable metal and align this wit the outcomes of the contracting model and in line with operational objectives
- Support and coordinate the safe working practices in the collection, cutting and transportation of recyclable metal
- Coordinate the training o the contracting companies and its employees to ensure safe work
- Coordinate and provide access to the contracting company employees leadership, and other training adopted by Rio Tinto
- Prepare and publish KPI's on overall program of work tonnes, training, jobs and safety
- Support planning and scheduling of the recyclable metal within WA
- Engage and collaborate with Indigenous corporation selected to provide the service of recyclable metal collection, cutting, and sales to enable effective delivery and access all operations
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the below:
What we offer
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Field experience in mining or related industry coordinating and coordination of programs of work across multiple sites
- Qualification in a related field such as boiler making, engineering and leadership experience
- A commitment to engage with indigenous culture and community
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more); and
- Relocation packages where suitable
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you'll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world's leading producers and exporters of iron ore.Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Applications close on 27 January 2022
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)