About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
- Great opportunity to work for a global mining company
- Be a part of a small proactive team with a positive 'can do' culture
- 8/6 FIFO ex Perth, Busselton & Derby offering great work life balance - Yandi
We are looking for Dewatering Operator to assist in the maintenance and development of the dewatering infrastructure to achieve advanced dewatering across the mine site.
Join the team at Yandi and be part of something bigger, driving the latest technological advancements with the opportunity for career advancement.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join our growing operations team. This opportunity offers a great work life balance with a wide selection of home bases including Perth, Busselton and Derby. Working an 8 days on, 6 off roster and reporting to the Dewatering Supervisor, you will be:
What you'll bring
- Operating all dewatering equipment safely and competently
- Installing, monitoring and maintaining dewatering equipment
- Constructing poly pipelines
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement
To be successfully considered for this role, we require:
What we offer
- HR Western Australian driver's license
- Poly welding experience and ticket
- Experience operating dewatering infrastructure
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to work as part of a small proactive team
- Desire to deliver work to a high standard
- Dogging (DG) and Crane Ticket (CV)
- Working with submersible pumps (Installation and removal)
- IT Loader, 30t Excavator and forklift ticket preferred
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Generous leave provisions for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you will be working
Located 95km north-west of Newman, Yandicoogina offers a range of fly in fly out rosters. As one of Australia's largest-producing iron ore mines; operating a fleet of autonomous trucks and drills, it generates more than 55 million tonnes of Hammersley Iron Yandi (HIY) fines each year.
Yandicoogina is known for its culture of teamwork, can-do attitude and pioneering spirit, leading the way with innovation and technological advances in autonomous operations and robotics.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.Applications close on Sunday the 23rd January 2022
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.This role is for applicants residing in Western Australia only.