All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.About the role
- Exciting and unique opportunity to build occupational hygiene services and champion hygiene initiatives to keep our people and contractors safe.
- Be part of a dedicated team that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent residential role supporting the Gove Operation and Closure team in Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory
- Culturally unique, community orientated, family friendly, coastal role - Gove
We are looking for a Hygiene Technician to be a part of the health and safety team providing occupational hygiene support to the Operations site.
This hands-on role will give you broad and practical experience, including in many areas of occupational hygiene unique to mining sector. This role presents an opportunity to develop your occupational hygiene experience in the mining or related sector, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career and work within the mining sector.
We are seeking a strong communicator who has a desire to influence exposure reduction initiatives, as well as learn and develop.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry's best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Working in a challenging and exciting environment as a valued member of the Gove HSE Team
, you will be:
What you'll bring
- Develop schedules for Occupational Hygiene Monitoring Program
- Complete Occupational Hygiene monitoring surveys as per agreed schedule and procedures
- Occupational Hygiene sample preparation, analysis (where required), dispatch and management
- Administration of Occupational Hygiene systems and programs
- Maintain Occupational Hygiene data within Cority, ensuring up to date always
- Communication of hygiene monitoring data in various formats as required, including feedback to individuals and teams
- Maintain a high standard of data and documentation management
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office, SharePoint and data systems.
- Ability to work effectively autonomously and within a team and build working relationships with key stakeholders.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
What we offer
- Basic Principles in Occupational Hygiene
About Rio Tinto
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Employee discounts banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world's first to be certified "responsible" helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Where you will be working
Our Gove Operations have been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years. Located in Australia's Northern Territory, each year the operation produces approximately 12 million tonnes of bauxite.
With a workforce of 460 people, daily activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, shutdown planning and execution, export operations, cultural heritage management, and closure activities following our decision to close the site's alumina refinery and associated Residue Disposal Area in 2017.
We expect our bauxite mining operations on the Gove Peninsula will cease in 2030 and we are undertaking significant work to support closure of the operation. We also recognise our operations take place on Indigenous-owned land, and we are committed to working together to achieve a positive future for Nhulunbuy and the Gove Peninsula post-mining.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Closing date Sunday 30th January
"Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible."